So I posted a few months ago about losing weight, getting in shape and exercising. So far I have not had much success. I am able to get about 45 min -1 hour of workouts in but I definitely need to work on my nutrition. It is so easy as a busy mom of four kids to not pay close enough attention to what I eat. Many days I find that I have skipped meals and only grabbed a bite here or there. I am also really bad at snacking all day long and eating the same kid friendly foods that I probably should not be feeding my kids in the first place. So here is my new plan. First continue working out which is the easiest part for me. Second, focus on what I am eating and not eating. I found a book that I used years ago to help with nutrition it is a Daily Success Plan put out by Icon Health and Fitness and it gives daily menus and snacks. It is great and outlines everything I should eat for the day plus it lists the calories next to it. It is set up for an 8 week program. I have started it before but never got very far into the program, I don't know why since it is so clearly laid out what to eat everyday. Third, I'm hoping to blog about my accomplishments or shortcomings. I have tried to do this myself and quickly get discouraged and lose motivation. I think what I need is the support and motivation of friends and family. The more I tell people what I am trying to accomplish, the more I feel accountable. It's too easy to lie to myself about what I am actually doing. So hear I am putting myself out there in hope of finally getting to the end of my weight battle.
5 comments:
Good for you Kathryn. I'm sure it's hard to vocalize your struggles, but we are here for you! Keep up the good work!!
Thanks Staci, I really appreciate the comment and support, it helps a lot!
The joys of dieting and exercise. One of the reason's I refer to it as self torture. If you eat a candy bar you can't enjoy it, if you don't eat it you can't enjoy it, and the alternative is eating it, enjoying it, and having difficulty reaching your shoe laces.
BTW, thanks for the blog link to Ozonefit. Looking through their blog it looks similar to CrossFit. Good workouts and motivation. I am still trying to convert Erin over from workout videos to WOD's.
I wish you the best in this adventure. Lets support each other in this. My husband is excited about losing weight, so I joined his journey. It is really fun to work out with him.
Good luck sticking to the eating plans! You can do it! I usually get really excited about whatever plans I make, as I'm putting them down on paper; only to get rebellious against my plan within a few weeks or even days.
Post a Comment