Friday, March 30, 2012

A nice morning

Most mornings are hectic trying to get kids off to school, Nick off to work, and get everything ready for the day. I don't know how many mornings I have spent repeating the same task over and over to my boys to get them ready, and even yelling at them. The same goes for bedtime, the boys cannot keep focus on the task at hand and it sometimes takes an hour to finally get everyone in their beds. Well I came across a set of music cd's a few years ago that is supposed to help and I brought them out again to see if it would work. Let me tell ya, last nights bedtime was great and this morning everyone was ready to go 15 minutes early. I kept telling the kids how great it was that they were doing it all themselves, no instruction from me. It gave them a sense of pride and accomplishment. The program is called Children's Miracle Music. It works because every task to be done has its own song to listen to while you are doing the task and my kids love music. There is no competition between the kids and the song gives plenty of time to finish the task (as long as the are actually doing it). At the end of each bedtime and morning routine, points are given out and when each child reaches 100 points they get special time with either mom or dad that they choose to do. Even mom and dad are signed up, we want rewards too right! My kids left happy for school and are so excited to reach all 100 points!



visit http://www.toshowlove.com/ for more info

No comments: