My latest project has been to redo my front room. I would love to have a room that is warm and welcoming. I have plans to repaint, but I'm still trying to pick out the color and find the time. I would also love new furniture, but that takes extra money. We have had our couch for over 7 years and I was beginning to get tired of it. It is still a good couch, just needed a change. I was laying awake one night and thought why not just make new pillows. Aha, a project for me, yah! So to the fabric store I head. I discovered that day shopping for fabric that I love to shop for fabric! I am not a shopper at all, but that day brought me joy and happiness. I wanted something with a splash of color, to add new life to my couch, and I found that. I usually like to stay neutral but I went with color that I think is bold but not overwhelming. The only problem is the store didn't have enough of the fabric I wanted so I could only cover three of the four pillows. I haven't decided if I like just three pillows or if I should order more of the fabric to make that last one. The best thing is that I made them into slipcovers, so I can easily change it back or even make more of a different fabric and change them out.
The way my couch used to look, it definitely needs a cleaning!

Now with a splash of color!


The red felt pillow is inspired by many of the creative blogs out there and these are how my turned out.

Plus I made two pillows to put on our window seat.

4 comments:
I love the cute pillows! You are one crafty and talented woman. :)
so cute! Nice work!
Oh, I LOVE the pillows! You are awesome and amazing. I hope you know that. Take care my friend.
I love it Kathryn... and I know what you mean by losing yourself in your kids and wonder hmm what about me me Who am I.... well Your amazing and I think being crafty is an awesome gift... YAH!!!!
Post a Comment