Thursday, September 3, 2009

McKayla's Special Day

We had McKayla's baby blessing on August 2nd (goes to show how late I am at posting). It was a great day with family and friends to celebrate with us. Nick did a nice job with giving McKayla her blessing, I always cry especially when he gives the babies name, it just reaffirms to me that is who they are supposed to be. I decided to make McKayla's dress. I actually made one while I was pregnant not knowing if I would use it, I just wanted to make one. Then when McKayla was born, the dress didn't look right for her, so I made another one which fit her style so much better. I also made the headband. Thanks to my niece Cherish for making the bracelet.






The proud parents and McKayla


Nicks dad and his wife Becky


My parents


Four generations: me, my mother, my grandpa, and McKayla

2 comments:

Greg n Sara said...

Oh Kathryn Mckayla looks so beautiful in her blessing dress. You did an amazing job making it. I hope you and the fam are doing great. LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Loughmiller's said...

Beautiful dress, to go on a beautiful little girl. I am so excited that you have a little girl.